Did you miss Gas Safety Week in September? Do you know your responsibilities as a landlord?
Here are six simple steps to help keep your tenants safe and warm in your property. This information has been given out by the Gas Safe organisation and will help you keep the right side of health and safety laws.
- Only use a Gas Safe registered engineer to fit, fix and service your appliances. You can find and check an engineer at GasSafeRegister.co.uk or call 0800 408 5500.
- Check both sides of your engineer’s Gas Safe Register ID card. Make sure they are qualified for the work you need doing. You can find this information on the back of the card.
- Have all your gas appliances regularly serviced and safety checked every year. If you rent your home ask for a copy of the landlord’s current Gas Safety Record.
- Know the six signs of carbon monoxide (CO) poisoning – headaches, dizziness, breathlessness, nausea, collapse and loss of consciousness. Unsafe gas appliances can put you at risk of CO poisoning, gas leaks, fires and explosions.
- Check gas appliances for warning signs that they are not working properly e.g. lazy yellow flames instead of crisp blue ones, black marks or stains on or around the appliance and too much condensation in the room.
- Fit an audible carbon monoxide alarm. This will alert you if there is carbon monoxide in your home.
Unsure how to find a Gas Safe registered engineer? Please call 01935 277977 or email and we can recommend a local trusted trader.
Thanks for reading and if you have any other property related questions please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us – we’d love to help you.
PS: If you want to let or sell your property quickly, professionally and cost effectively call our team on 01935 277977 or email: email@example.com for honest, expert and friendly advice.